Red Neko Gals

A Nago-Cir for Gals in the North of the UK based in Manchester

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

BBC interest

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: BBC interest   Thu May 28, 2009 8:49 am

Hihi everyone - well I contacted the BBC a short while ago, and they contacted me back today - they are interested in doing something about Gyaru fashion - and the woman said that she would send me a recording device through the post (Audio - I think it's radio) and she wants me to record some stuff - and she asked if you lot would be interested too - so when I get the recording thing, who wants to be interviewed or whatever it is - I'm not sure what she wants me to do yet - she said she will send instructions.. Oh and she also said that we could make a clip of us - like Parapara dancing or something and that would go on the website I think.........

Oh and they did a blog entry on it=]=]

http://bbcyourstory.com/2009/05/28/the-ganguro/
Back to top Go down
Eri-chi
Kogal
Kogal

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Thu May 28, 2009 9:39 am

This sounds really interesting. I'm okay with being interviewed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Ganguro
Ganguro

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Thu May 28, 2009 9:39 am

You have some incredible contacts Shocked KeiKei told me you contacted some Japanese DJs or summat also? Whatever lol Well done for doing this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~xxhikixx

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Thu May 28, 2009 9:45 am

Hahahahaha thanks=]=]

Well, I freaking love the BBC - I have been involved with them quite alot actually....... as an artist, as a dancer - now as a GYARU!! Hahahahaha..

Yeah - we are having our own Parapara routine - and I befriended a DJ from Shibuya who is letting us use one of his songs=]=]

She told me that she wants me to try and get it done over the weekend though!!:O:O I guess I gotta try though....... is anyone free on the weekend??
Back to top Go down
Eri-chi
Kogal
Kogal

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Thu May 28, 2009 9:48 am

Not this weekend, I have an exam on Monday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Ganguro
Ganguro

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Thu May 28, 2009 9:49 am

Same sorry Neutral It's my Maths calculator and my Dad especially is determined I'm in revising this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~xxhikixx
KeiKei
Manba
Manba

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Thu May 28, 2009 9:55 am

I might be able to do the Saturday but where will it be? Your contacts are awesome LadyLi.

Ti amo con tutto il cuore . Baci il mio asino. Ti amo, amore mio. Sei tutta la mia vita
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/xxfallenxangelsxx/homepages/keitii.html

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Thu May 28, 2009 10:10 am

Haha thanks again - and ooohhh nooooooos.......

Well - I emailed her and told her that alot of you can't make this weekend - she hasn't emailed back yet, But I hope we can do next week instead - can you all do next week if I can get her to postpone it??
Back to top Go down
KeiKei
Manba
Manba

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Thu May 28, 2009 10:19 am

Next weekend would be much better for me personally although I could only get there earliest at 12.30 It's good to know I don't have to be decked up in full manba gear XD I don't think my stage school would appreciate it and if this BBC idea works shall we next attack Blue Peter? I want a badge>_<

Ti amo con tutto il cuore . Baci il mio asino. Ti amo, amore mio. Sei tutta la mia vita
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/xxfallenxangelsxx/homepages/keitii.html
Lissy Jane
Ganguro
Ganguro

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Thu May 28, 2009 11:54 am

OMG Lady Li you're totally amazing!!!! and yeah i can do next weekend deffo!!!

pig

*kiss kiss*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chou-Chou
Ganguro
Ganguro

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Thu May 28, 2009 4:05 pm

OMG!! HOW AMAZING ARE YOU!!! IM SOOOOO UP FOR IT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/second-generation/Homepages/Amatou.html

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Thu May 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Ok I've had an idea:

She asked me to send her a video clip of us doing Parapara dancing or something - this will go on the website with the report..

BUT - I have a plan up my sleave........no .... an ace up my sleave??....... Yeah......

.........Yeah so anyway...... maybe we could all meet up for the interview - just dressed as we are normally (By normally I obviously mean Gyaru/ganguro) then I will film some stuff that we do, a few clips and stuff - then we should all go somewhere (Somewhere indoors away from people - I know that a few members don't feel comfortable walking the streets in manba - don't blame you, there are some nutters about!! Hahahaha) then we should ALL put on manba makeup (It will be filmed so that we can show how we put the stuff on) then do some manba stuff.........etc, etc......

Then I could make it into a short documentary and send that in instead of the Parapara clip - Then we would have way more publicity and also waaaaay more media for our Cir and it's website.... Oh and I will set us up a Youtube channel or something and put it on there, etc, etc....

So what do you think?? Good idea?? Bad idea??
Back to top Go down
Lissy Jane
Ganguro
Ganguro

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Fri May 29, 2009 1:11 am

Oooooh Lady Li where do you come up with these ideas!!! We should like get someone in the cir with a real good camera to film parts of the miitsu then we can edit them and stick them on youtube, so people can see what we get up to

pig

*kiss kiss*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fozzie

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Fri May 29, 2009 3:10 am

Mega props to LadyLi!!! Cool

visited the link this morning, fab to see Niijii on the thing, LOL!

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Fri May 29, 2009 3:15 am

I know........ I was a bit shocked when I saw him on there actually........ I dunno where she got the picture from........ and she thought that 'Booteek' was a person!! HAhahahhaa...... but it's ok because I told her more about it after she posted that..
Back to top Go down
Fozzie

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Fri May 29, 2009 3:26 am

I know, I was cracking up when I read that...

Shame Booteek closed, as I loved Yari!

I think Niijii is more annoyed as it's an old pic! lol!

KeiKei
Manba
Manba

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Fri May 29, 2009 5:40 am

I am attempting to force my pale complexion to tan for once in its life today. I could do some parapara for you if need be and I do like the other ideas very much so.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Fri May 29, 2009 5:58 am

Well, that's if it's still happening - SOMEONE has posted a comment on the thing saying that Ganguro doesn't exist anymore, making me look like an idiot - the thing is, it fricking does exist, but it's called Gyaru more often than 'Ganguro' ....

It's people like her that make western Gyarusa look bad, with all the needless bitching and whatnot..

I am working really hard on helping ALL western Gyaru and Gyarusa and making it recognised, and she goes and does this - WTF??!!

"My name is Koneko and I co-lead the UKs main gyarusa, HIBISCGYARU" - The UK's main Gyarusa?? She's going to end up really hated if she carries on looking down her nose at everyone else..

Her only source is the internet, I was just over there, and I confirm once again - Ganguro still exists=/=/

Freaking amature..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Fri May 29, 2009 6:31 am

Sorry about that everyone, it's just that I am SEVERELY annoyed.....

Right..... anyway, let's forget about that and get back to the BBC thing - who can turn up next Saturday (6th)??

We need as many people as possible - this video and audio will be on our website and stuff, and obviously the BBC but yeah haha......

So I am asking all of you to try your best to make it..
Back to top Go down
Lissy Jane
Ganguro
Ganguro

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Fri May 29, 2009 7:07 am

Oh dear can deffinetly see how you could be pissed off with that! But yeah i can meet on the 6th

pig

*kiss kiss*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeiKei
Manba
Manba

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Fri May 29, 2009 7:09 am

6th it is, we're thinking of going to Greenhead park to film which is where we went for out last miitsu.

Back to top Go down
Lissy Jane
Ganguro
Ganguro

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Fri May 29, 2009 7:19 am

Aaaah sounds cool i liked it there, is it okay if i wear manba to go instead of putting it on whilst i'm there???

pig

*kiss kiss*
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Fri May 29, 2009 12:29 pm

I would prefer if you came in your everday style because it also give KeiKei and I a chance to see how you are improving and I wanted to film us all putting on our make up.. But I can be out voted hahahaha..=]=]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Fri May 29, 2009 1:11 pm

Right I just got another message from Nina at the BBC, she has said what she wants me to get with the report..

Does anyone have a house that we can all go to?? Hahahahaha

She said that she wants me to film us putting on our makeup in our rooms - but obviously that would be difficult, so I could film us all putting on our makeup (Like planned) but in one person's room.. Is this possible for anyone??
Back to top Go down
KeiKei
Manba
Manba

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   Fri May 29, 2009 1:51 pm

I don't think anyone's parents will allow it plus I can't go out of Huddersfield most likely, how about we contact the Huddersfield Town Hall and see if we can use one of their rooms for filming?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBC interest   

Back to top Go down

BBC interest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next