Red Neko Gals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Neko Gals

A Nago-Cir for Gals in the North of the UK based in Manchester

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Five Levels of Boyfriends

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hikitty
Ganguro
Ganguro
Hikitty

Five Levels of Boyfriends Empty
PostSubject: Five Levels of Boyfriends   Five Levels of Boyfriends EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 1:07 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this, it's just something I stumbled upon and found amusing lol I have no idea if this is accurate or if it even applies, but it gave me a good chuckle nonetheless. So here goes nothing:

Five Levels of Boyfriends (ボイフレンドの五段活用, boifurendo no godan katsuyou lit. five tiers of practical boyfriend use)

Boyfriend Scale
(from highest to lowest rank)

1. Honmei-kun (奔馬いくん):
He is the favourite boyfriend, the number one most desirable man and the leader of the pack. Best described as the Alpha-male. To recieve Honmei status, a man must meet a certain criteria or sankou (三高, literally "three highs"). The three highs are:

• sei ga takai (背が高い): height/stature high. He must be tall and not shorter than his female companion.
  • kyuuryou ga takai (給料が高い): salary high, well paid. He must have a job with a very good salary so he can provide for his girlfriend and cover her shopping expenses.
  • gakureki ga takai (学歴が高い): higher education, well educated or from a prestigious university. He must be intelligent and it's even better if he's graduated from a well known university.

2. Kiipu-kun (キーピくん):
Kiipu (from the English word 'keep') is the boyfriend that is held onto for now or at least until the Honmei turns up. He is basically just a 'good enough' boyfriend, a backup plan. But he is the second most desirable boyfriend to have.

3. Mitsugu-kun (貢ぐくん) aka Messhii-kun (飯くん):
Mitsugu means to 'pay tribute'. As such, Mitsugu-kun is merely a boyfriend who provides gifts for his girlfriend; essentially, Mitsugu-kun is a sugar daddy. Meshi means 'meal' (the name could also be a pun Messhi meaning selfless or unselfish). Messhii-kun is similair yet different; he is the boyfriend who pays for meals.

4. Asshii-kun (アッシーくん):
Asshii (an abbreviation for the English automotive assembly) is used here as a derivative of ashi (feet or foot), a slang term for car. Basically, Asshii-kun is the man with a car who is available to chauffeur his girlfriend around when she so desires or to be the handy man to fix her car if it breaks down.

5. Benri-kun (便利くん):
Benri-kun is the guy who is merely useful to have around. He's the guy that loves to do your bidding in the hopes that it wins him points with you. Benri means convenient or handy.

There are ranks of boyfriend lower than the 'Five Levels', they are;

• Susshii-kun (寿司くん):
    This is the sweet man who goes out for sushi. The requirement for the status being that he must pay for it.

• Nesshii-kun (寝しいくん):
    Neshi comes from the verb neru (sleep). Nesshii-kun is the man kept around for sleeping with. He can otherwise be known as 'a friend with benefits'.

• Koh'do-kun (コードくん):
    Koh'do is from the English word cord (power cord, video cable). This is the geek friend kept around for tech support. He hooks up the DVD player and the computer for his girlfriend.

What do you all think?

Source: http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1531316
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~xxhikixx
KeiKei
Manba
Manba
KeiKei

PostSubject: Re: Five Levels of Boyfriends   Five Levels of Boyfriends EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 1:11 pm

Thanks for posting this! I sure didn't know this before you told me and it's quite cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/xxfallenxangelsxx/homepages/keitii.html
Eri-chi
Kogal
Kogal
Eri-chi

PostSubject: Re: Five Levels of Boyfriends   Five Levels of Boyfriends EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 4:07 pm

This is funny. The three highs are in Kimi wa Petto as well.
Back to top Go down
Chou-Chou
Ganguro
Ganguro
Chou-Chou

PostSubject: Re: Five Levels of Boyfriends   Five Levels of Boyfriends EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 3:43 am

I LOVE this post, I've read it 3 times now because it makes me giggle Laughing
excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited! excited!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/second-generation/Homepages/Amatou.html
Lissy Jane
Ganguro
Ganguro
Lissy Jane

PostSubject: Re: Five Levels of Boyfriends   Five Levels of Boyfriends EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:27 am

Ha wow hmmm they all seem good in some way, can i have them all rolled into one??

pig

*kiss kiss*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five Levels of Boyfriends   Five Levels of Boyfriends Empty

Back to top Go down

Five Levels of Boyfriends
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Red Neko Gals :: Casual :: Chit chat-
Jump to: